Choosing an Agent
Partnering with the right agent can determine your entire buying experience. Buying a property can be a complicated undertaking. The purchasing process requires a comprehensive understanding of complex legal issues and lots of paperwork. Your agent will be walking you through the entire process, so it’s important to choose a compatible partner.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Consider a Full-Time Agent: They’re usually more committed to being available and have dedicated their career to the profession.
- Interview a Few Agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested? Have they beenaround the area for at least a few years?
- Agent Availability: Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends if needed?
- Experience and Education: How many years of experience do they hold? Are they continuing to stay current on legal changes? Are they studying market conditions?
- Communication: Do they respond promptly? Are they handling too many clients at once and unable to work with your schedule? Would you trust them to negotiate on your behalf?
Select an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns, has the necessary experience, is familiar with the area, and is dedicated to finding you the right property. Interview a few different agents so you know your options and feel comfortable with your decision.
When you are ready to get started, call us at 203.939.7002 or complete this short form and one of our agents will be in touch.
What Price Range Can I Afford?
Resources For Fairfield Home Buyers
The journey to homeownership starts by understanding how much you can afford. One major thing to consider is your down payment, if any. Many consumers believe it's impossible to buy a home without at least 20 percent down. But thanks to various government-sponsored programs, many people can now buy a house with as little as 3.5 percent toward a down payment. Veterans of the U.S. military have zero-down programs available.
Finding a knowledgable Mortgage Loan Officer is key to recieving the most up-to-date information on available lending options. Feel free to check out or vetted list of preffered lenders below - or, if you just want to run some quick rough numbers, check out our free mortgage calculator.